We tried another of the recipes found on her website last night; the taco casserole bake. We changed it up a little bit though as some items come in different sizes in the States than they do here in Canada.
I'm going to share the recipe with you as everyone loved it. The twingles like it; but found it a little too spicy, so next time we'll cut back on the chili oil.
Taco Casserole Bake
yield: 6 SERVINGS (ours: 8 servings)
- 24 Baked Tostitos Scoops (We used 40)
- 1 T Chili Oil (I found this in the Asian foods aisle) - if you are considering replacing this with regular oil please note the chili oil adds a lot of spice and flavor to this dish, so replacing it will affect the flavor profile
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ¼ lbs extra lean ground turkey (I used Jennie-O which comes in a 1.25 lb package)
- 2 T taco seasoning (I used my homemade recipe, not store bought)
- 15 oz can black beans, drained (We used a 19 oz can)
- 1 c salsa (I used medium) (We used 2 cups)
- 1 c reduced fat shredded Mexican cheese (we used regular shredded Mexican blend)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, warm the chili oil and sauté onions and garlic until softened. Add ground turkey and taco seasoning, break up into pieces and cook until meat is browned. Mix in salsa and beans and cook for a few more minutes until salsa thickens.
- Break up the tortilla chips into bite sized pieces and use them to line the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Evenly spread the meat mixture over the chips and then sprinkle cheese over the top*. Bake for 20 minutes.
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PLUS:7 per serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
OUR VERSION = 8 P+ per serving