I've mentioned in a few posts that I love trying new recipes on my #weightlossjourney. I'm hosting a brunch and jewelry party tomorrow and I wanted some WW friendly items for myself and a few of the guests who are also on their own journey to a #betterme. Of course, Google, is my friend and I came across the below recipe. I'm going to try it out and I'll come back to let you know how it goes.
WEIGHT WATCHERS INDIVIDUAL HAM, CHEESE AND VEGGIE FRITTATAS
Author: Martha - Simple Nourished Living
Prep time: 15 min. Cook time: 25 min. Total time: 40 min.
Individual ham, cheese and veggie frittatas baked in muffin cups make an easy, healthy breakfast, lunch, supper or snack item.
- cooking spray
- 1 pound frozen has brown potatoes, thawed
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 TBSP fat-free milk
- salt & pepper to tast
- 2 oz. cooked lean ham, finely chopped
- 2 TBSP finely chopped sweet red bell pepper
- 2 TBSP finely chopped green bell pepper
- 2 TBSP finely chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
1. Position an oven rack in the centre of your oven and preheat oven to 350 F. Generously coat 8 muffin cups with cooking spray.
2. Press the defrosted hash browns into the bottom and up the sides of each muffin cup to form a crust.
3. Bake for 15-20 min
4. Meanwhile, make the filling: In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and milk together. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the ham, peppers, onion and cheese until well blended.
5. Remove the potatoes from the oven and press them down firmly with a spoon so that they are like a mini pie crust lining the bottom and sides of the muffin cups.
6. Divide the mixture evenly, pouring it into the centre of each muffin cup.
7. Return to the oven and bake until the potatoes are crisp and golden and the egg mixture is set; approx 15-18 min.
8. Remove from the oven and let sit about 5 min before serving.
NOTES FROM THE AUTHOR:
Nutritional estimates per serving (1 frittata): 3 WW PointsPlus value (according to Weight Watchers Weekly)